사이드바 영역으로 건너뛰기

게시물에서 찾기2006/04/28

3개의 게시물을 찾았습니다.

  1. 2006/04/28
    네팔뉴스 #19..
    no chr.!
  2. 2006/04/28
    이주노동자의 방송..
    no chr.!
  3. 2006/04/28
    네팔.. 人民 승리 #3
    no chr.!

네팔뉴스 #19..

IHT, NYT wrote this 4.27..

 

Nepalese Maoists make an overture
 
The second in command of the Maoist rebels in Nepal said Thursday that his organization would agree to sequester its troops only if the Royal Nepalese Army would agree to do the same during a referendum for a new constitution.

The Maoist forces, known as the People's Liberation Army, had already, on Wednesday, announced a three- month unilateral cease-fire designed to, as they put it, enable a new government keep their promise to hold an "unconditional" referendum on the country's constitution, including giving Nepalese citizens the right to choose whether they want to have a monarchy at all.

"For free and fair elections, let both the PLA and RNA be kept aside," Baburam Bhattarai, second in command of the Communist Party of Nepal (Maoist), said in a telephone interview Thursday, referring to both armed outfits by their initials. "Let an international supervisory body keep an eye on both."

The Maoists have said nothing about disarming their troops, whose strength is impossible to verify before the constitutional vote. But the constitutional referendum, the only means by which Nepalese can decide on the fate of the monarchy, has emerged as their key demand for the new government.

The leaders of Nepal's seven largest political parties have said they will hew to their promise to back such an election once an interim government is formed.

The first step comes Friday, when the elected Parliament is scheduled to be reinstated, following the retreat of King Gyanendra, who announced this week that he would surrender his absolute control of the state. The king's announcement came on the heels of nearly three weeks of pro-democracy protests that ground the capital, Katmandu, to a halt.
The Maoists and the political parties poised to take control of the government face a test of credibility in the days ahead. Toward that end, the Maoists declared a three-month cease-fire. The parties are expected to reciprocate, once a new government is formed.

Whether the Royal Nepalese Army, officially under the command of the king, will obey remains a mystery. Whether the Maoists will actually accept the verdict of a popular vote, as they have promised, remains a mystery as well, all the more perilous if they insist on holding onto their weapons.

There were victory celebrations on the streets of Katmandu on Thursday, as tens of thousands of revelers poured out to mark the restoration of democratic rule.

Yet behind the scenes much remained on a razor's edge not least on the question of disarmament.

The Maoists are plainly eager to exercise maximum leverage in the new political landscape of Nepal, even as the political parties forming the new government realize that to enjoy popular credibility, and more importantly bring peace to this scarred country, is to usher the Maoists into the political mainstream.

The Maoist war, over 10 years, has cost 13,000 lives.

The seven-party alliance has promised to announce steps toward a constitutional referendum when the Parliament, dissolved nearly four years ago, takes power once more on Friday.

Jhala Nath Khanal, a senior member of the Communist Party of Nepal (Unified Marxist-Leninist) said in an interview Thursday that the Alliance "will indeed insist the Maoists to put down arms." That would not, he added, mean complete disarmament.

"The Maoists will be decommissioned, not necessarily disarmed," while elections for a new constitution are under way, said Khanal, who was instrumental in crafting an accord last autumn between the Maoists and the political parties, adding that the same would be asked of the Royal Nepalese Army.

Speaking to a victory rally in the capital, the general secretary of Khanal's party, Madhav Kumar Nepal, promised to re-christen the Royal Nepalese Army as the Nepali National Army. He was feted with applause. The would-be prime minister, Girija Prasad Koirala, however, was absent from the rally, citing health concerns.

Ian Martin, the representative in Nepal of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights, called Thursday for the Maoists to demonstrate their commitment to human rights by releasing civilians in their custody, see to it that its cadres "do not pressure or intimidate civilians from different political parties" and "end actions" against the families of security force personnel.

The U.S. Embassy in Katmandu, among the most vocal critics of the rebels, on Thursday welcomed the notion of a vote on a new constitution, but pressed for the Maoists to disarm.
 
 
진보블로그 공감 버튼트위터로 리트윗하기페이스북에 공유하기딜리셔스에 북마크

이주노동자의 방송..

..BIRTHDAY PARTY

 

 

이주노동자의 방송 MWTV가 첫방송을 내보낸지 벌써 1년이 되었습니다. 아무 대책없이 시작해서 좌충우돌 정신없이 만들다 보니 어느덧 1년이란 시간이 흘렀습니다. 저희가 자축도 할 겸, 여러분의 충고와 질책도 들을 겸 해서 자리를 마련했습니다.

방송에 참여하는 여러나라의 친구들이 각자의 다양한 음식도 준비하기로 했습니다. 바쁘신 중이라도 시간내시어 즐거운 시간을 함께해 주시면 고맙겠습니다.

 


진보블로그 공감 버튼트위터로 리트윗하기페이스북에 공유하기딜리셔스에 북마크

네팔.. 人民 승리 #3

CPN-M IS CALLING FOR A THREE-MONTH TRUCE

 

Ten thousands, some said hundreds of thousands, of supporters of the SPA celebrated yesterday the new move to dewmocracybut warned also the SPA not to start again with the power struggle against each other, what was the practice in the years before Gyanedra took over all the power.

 


The announcement by the CPN-M to call for a three-month truce and the stop of the blockadeof the major cities of Nepal was celebrated enthusiastically.
Today, according to BBC World, CPN-M, their supporters and sympathizer are planning a mass rally in the heart of Kathmandu to support the democratic process but also to demand a real people's democracy. It will be the first rally of CPN-M in the capital. Until now the regime is kriminalisieren the organization as a terrorist org... So, let's see the further developments...

 

 

eKantipur wrote this..

 

Victory meet at Khulla Manch: SPA leaders express full commitment to constituent assembly elections

 

Hundreds of thousands thronged the Khulla Manch at Tundikhel, Kathmandu, on Thursday to celebrate the seven-party alliance (SPA) called “victory mass meet” of the pro-democracy movement for “total democracy” in the country.

Top leaders of the alliance, thousands of SPA activists holding the flags of their parties, government employees and the general public took out rallies from various parts of the Kathmandu Valley to converge at the historic Khulla Manch.

The top brass leaders of the SPA addressed the mass meeting expressing their full commitment to constituent assembly elections. However, Nepali Congress (NC) President Girija Prasad Koirala was absent because of ill-health.

Back in 1990, the political parties had organized a huge gathering at the same venue after the restoration of democracy. The restoration of multi-party democracy and end of the party-less Panchayat system, were the principle demands of the 1990 popular mass movement.

The people had fought for 30 long years before the Panchayat system- introduced by King Mahendra, father of King Gyanendra, by bulldozing a 17-month-old elected parliament in 1960- crumbled in the face of the popular mass movement of 1990, known as Janaandolan-I.

However, today’s demands were different. While the SPA leaders stressed the need for drafting a new constitution, terming the 1990 Constitution “incomplete” in providing people’s rights, today’s victory meet clearly echoed the demand of unconditional constituent assembly elections.

“The chief demand of the present mass movement is an announcement of constituent assembly elections,” said UML General Secretary Madhav Kumar Nepal, addressing the mass gathering.

“I want to caution those who attempt to step back from constituent assembly elections,” he added.

Nepal also claimed that the SPA was ready to come back to the streets if the House of Representatives failed to address the demand of constituent assembly elections.

“This movement is aimed at bringing the regime that has stomped on the backs of the Nepali people for the last 237 years, to an end,” Nepal said, adding, “The King is left with no other option but to accept the people’s decision.”

The huge mass cheered the SPA leaders with big applause every time they talked about constituent assembly elections.

Cautioning that the king could no more be trusted, president of the Nepali Congress-Democratic (NC-D), Sher Bahadur Deuba said there was no alternative to constituent assembly.

Repeating the phrase “constituent assembly” several times, Deuba said, “We will hold an election to the constituent assembly at any cost.”

“No one has understood this king better than me,” Deuba, who was sacked by the king twice (first on October 4, 2002 and then on February 1, 2005), warned, “He (king) can again lure us.”

Areas around the vicinity of the Khulla Manch- Ghantaghar, New Road Gate, Ratna Park, Purano Bus Park etc- were completely packed with people.

Banners put up by the participants reminded the politicians not to compromise on democracy and an unconditional election to the constituent assembly.

Chairman of Jana Morcha Nepal, Amik Serchan said that it did not matter to the people whether the King accepted the outcome of the unconditional election to the constituent assembly.

Bharat Bimal Yadav of Nepal Sadbhawana Party (Anandidevi) said, “This certainly is the people’s victory but not the end of the people’s movement.” He added that the modalities of the movement had changed.

Narayan Man Bijukchhe, chairman of the Majdoor Kisan Party, cautioned the people to remain alert against the activities of the “regressive elements.”

Chairman of Bam Morcha Nepal, Prabhu Narayan Chaudhari was of the view that an inclusive democracy should be established in the country. He added that the state should be restructured.

Representatives of various professional organizations said that the political parties should move ahead without deviating from the people’s aspirations.

“If any party or parliamentarian stands against the constituent assembly elections, people will decide on what action will be taken against them,” said Sambhu Thapa, president of Nepal Bar Association.

 

Participants angry over Koirala’s absence
 

The participants of the mass meet reacted angrily to NC President Koirala’s absence at the programme.

The angry mass asked NC Vice-president Sushil Koirala, who was about to address the meet, to leave the stage and call G.P. Koirala. The crowd also pelted stones at the stage protesting his absence.

The infuriated mass was calmed only after UML Genera Secretary Madhav Kumar Nepal unveiled that Koirala was ill and was attended by two doctors at his residence. “84-year-old leader Koirala has already been administered two saline water bottles and is taking rest at his residence,” said Nepal.

Nepal also re-assured the people regarding Koirala’s commitment for unconditional constituent assembly elections.

Koirala has already been appointed to the post of Prime Minister by the king.. BUT NOT BY THE PEOPLE!!!  And only the people have the right..., no Chr.!

 

IHT, AP...

Maoists declare cease-fire in Nepal

 

BBC..

Maoist blockade lifted in Nepal  

Sick Koirala becomes Nepal PM

 

CNN..

Nepal Maoists declare cease-fire


 


 

 

BBC wrote.. Meanwhile the US has hinted at an early resumption of military aid to Nepal.  So as you can see the situation is still very serious and dangerously!!

As you can, hopefully,  imagine.. all the reactionaries, imperialists, f... blablabla.. will do everything to stop real progressive developments in Nepal!

 

SUPPORT THE DEMOCRATIC REVOLUTION IN NEPAL!!!

Just get in contact with the Nepalese staff of MTU!!


진보블로그 공감 버튼트위터로 리트윗하기페이스북에 공유하기딜리셔스에 북마크

  • 제목
    CINA
  • 이미지
    블로그 이미지
  • 설명
    자본주의 박살내자!
  • 소유자
    no chr.!

저자 목록

달력

«   2006/04   »
            1
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30            

기간별 글 묶음

찾아보기

태그 구름

방문객 통계

  • 전체
    2399816
  • 오늘
    673
  • 어제
    925